If you wish to know more about BER Assessors & Assessments please read below :

What is a BER?

BER-CertificateA BER (Building Energy Rating) is similar to the energy label for a household electrical appliance like your fridge. The label has a scale of A-G. A-rated homes are the most energy efficient and G the least efficient.

From the 1st of January 2009 a BER certificate is compulsory for all homes being sold or rented. If you are buying or renting a new house or apartment now, you are entitled to a BER – so do ask the seller/landlord or their agent for it.

Who Can Carry Out the BER?

BER assessments are carried out by SEI registered BER assessors who have trained under the National Framework of Qualifications. We also have a directory of BER Association members available. It is an offence for persons not registered with SEI as BER assessors to purport to carry out a BER assessment service for the purposes of the Regulations.

How do I choose an Assessor to do my BER?

We recommend you choose one of our members to complete your assessment. Our members are fully qualified, SEI Registered and dedicated to completing a BER Assessment that adds value to your property.
The assessor that comes to your property will be able to give you advice on a whole range of matters covered in the Assessment. Our members are dedicated professional members want to do the very best job for you and are always happy to answer any questions to help guide you on how to improve your rating and the Energy efficiency of your home.
Click here to Find an SEAI Registered BER Assessor in your area!

Where is the best place to find out more information?

The SEI website has all the information you will need available to you easily. There is a concise leaflet available for download from their site at Your Guide to BER’s